MIDI to CV Converter
Courtesy/Thanks to: Paia
Description: MIDI2CV8 is actually a part of the 9700 Modular series by Paia, but can also be used as a standalone unit to deliver CV-modulation via MIDI.
For the latest firmware and additional info check out Paias homepage.
This freshly updated MIDI to CV converter from PAiA is an economical and
versatile solution for interfacing MIDI to the world of analog synthesis and
control. It is an easy to build and use system with eight analog outputs that
can be Control Voltages, Gates, Triggers, even variable amplitude pulses for
triggering analog drum sets. The newly revised firmware allows Multi assignment
of notes by midi channel and a DIN sync mode that can also control of one or two
synths while sync is running.
Operating modes in the v.2.0 firmware allow:
- Pitch and Gate control of 4 synth voices. Either Multi
(assignment of data from four midi channels) or Mono (rotational assignment of
data from one midi channel) operation.
- Pitch, Velocity and Gate control of 2 voices plus Pitch and Mod wheel
CVs. Either Multi or Mono assignment can be selected.
- Pitch, Velocity, Pitch Wheel, Mod Wheel, Release Velocity, Channel
Pressure, Gate and Re-trigger. Complete, true staccato control
of one synth voice.
- 8 CVs from Continuous Controller messages. Controllers
can be on one midi channel or separate channels.
- Analog Drum Trigger Mode. 8 pulses by note# with pulse
amplitude set by note velocity.
- DIN Sync - 24ppq, Start, Stop and Continue PLUS simultaneous control of a single Pitch, Velocity, Gate, Wheel,
Re-trigger synth voice or two multi-assigned voices with Pitch,
Velcocity, and Gate.
- Self-Test. Separate checks of midi input and analog
outputs verify operation and aid in set-up and trouble-shooting.
You need to be logged in to add a comment.